Friday, 10 December 2010

Count like a computer

For Grade 1's latest trick... counting in BINARY. 
As part of our ongoing theme "Codes and Patterns" the children have been learning how to count with their digits using the binary system. They can even show how old they are on one hand. Impressive!

For more information click on "Count like a computer" to link to instructables.com

3 comments:

  1. ok, that I need to try - lets see, how far we can take this... thanks for this update

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mathematician by training, but never had the idea to count to 1023 with only 10 fingers. So this part is great. There is one problem however, Eugen has discovered, that there is an easy excuse now for giving s.b. the finger/bird: Oh, I just meant 4...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sehr interessant! Vielen Dank! Wenn ich nur nicht so ungeschickte Finger hätte.. Die 8 ist eine echte Herausforderung!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.